This is Bruce’s (BABore) posole recipe. It’s fantastic! This recipe is for a large batch, I usually make it with half what is listed here.
I like this as is in a bowl with some cheese melted on top but my favorite is breakfast burritos.
Scramble up some eggs and mix equal parts posole and egg and throw a little cheddar cheese on top. Eat or wrap in saran wrap and freeze. Makes for a nice quick easy “stick to the ribs” breakfast on the go.
- 2 lbs pork or game meat breakfast sausage
- 2 lbs Lbs ground venison
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 30 oz black beans drained
- 60 oz white hominy drained (approx. wt. same size can as the beans)
- 1 qt bottle of Pace picante sauce
- Handful of chopped cilantro optional
- Brown the meat in a large cast iron dutch oven over high heat with couple Tbls of oil.
- When browned up nice, add the garlic and cook for a minute or three.
- Add the hominy and stir in well.
- Cook for a few more minutes then add the beans and stir in.
- Add about 2/3rd's of the picante sauce and mix in well. Add more as needed to just bring things together and coated well. You don't want it soupy.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking. Shut off the heat and top with the cilantro if you like it.